At the 7th Beijing International Film Festival, DDDream implemented its unique vision of maximizing the influential power of the films it presents through highly integrated marketing strategy.
● As the key partner of Beijing International Film Festvial, DDDream invited Emir Kusturica, the internationally acclaimed Selvian direcotor, as the special guest of the festival. Mr. Kuturica attended the opening ceremony, forum, and a special screening of his latest work "On the Milky Road" with a Q&A session.
● As a part of its constant service to promote quality independent films in China, DDDream coordinated with The Best, the national television network's best-rated in-depth talk show with a focus on international films and filmmakers, to successfully interview three most pursued guests for the Festival – Emir Kusturica, Monica Bellucci, and Hirokazu Koreeda.
● DDDream hosted a theme-driven party to deepen industrial leaders' understanding of films it presents.
Three DDDream films won 2016 Audience Choice Award of China “A Hundred Flower Award”, the equivalent of Academy Award in US. They are: ‘Youth’: Best Foreign Film by Audience's Choice
‘Brand New Testament’: Pili Groyne won the Best Foreign Actress by Audience's Choice
‘Lobster’: Colin Farrell won the Best Foreign Actor by Audience's Choice.
DDDream won the Best Movie Partner of The Year Award given by East Movie Channel of Shanghai for the second time. Over 11 years of the award's history, DDDream is the only distributor for independent films among all the winners in this catetory.
June DDDream DISCOVERY films shined through major festivals & awards ceremonies this year, taking home top prizes including the Golden Globes, the Oscars, Palme d’Or, Golden Bear, and many more. It's been an exciting year so far, and more to come!
● LEVIATHAN: 2015 Golden Globes - Winner of Best Foreign Language Film ● CITIZENFOUR: The 87th Academy Awards
- Winner of Best Documentary Film ● FOXCATCHER: Nominated for 5 Oscars AND 3 Golden Globes ● TAXI: 2015 BERLINALE
- Winner of Golden Bear ● AFERIM!: 2015 BERLINALE
- Winner of Silver Bear ● DHEEPAN: 2015 CANNES
- Winner of Palme d’Or ● STANDING TALL: 2015 CANNES
- Opening film! ● THE WOLFPACK: 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Winner of Grand Jury Prize for Best Documentary
July DDDream reached its new milestone in its mobile entertainment venture by becoming China Mobile’s qualified CP.
January DDDream established strong collaboration with major VOD platforms in China, and became one of their most reliable partners.
DDDream’s titles, the Citizen and Quartet, were successfully showcased in Shanghai International Film Festival, and received great response.
March The King's Speech enjoyed its nationwide theatrical release in China with special screenings in Beijing and Shanghai
August DDDream acquired China distribution rights to Angelina's Jolie's film, In the Land of Blood and Honey.
December In the Land of Blood and Honey is nominated for 'Best Foreign Film' at the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards.
May DDDream obtained the exclusive distribution rights to The King's Speech in China, which won 4 Oscars at the 83rd annual Academy award.
March The Hurt Locker swept through the 82nd annual Academy Awards with 8 nominations and 6 wins including the prestigious Best Director award for Katheryn Bigelow, and the Best Picture award.
July Branding China in LEADERS magazine dedicated a special issue featuring the aftermath and reaction to the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake which shed light on China's rapidly awakening citizen consciousness.
October DDDream picked up the China rights to The Hurt Locker during its film festival circuit prior to its widespread theatrical release.
March Six months after DDDream acquired the exclusive distribution and theatrical release rights for The Queen in China, the film won Best Actress at the 79th Academy Awards , totaling 57 wins and 51 nominations since its release.
July DDDream collaborated with local publishers to distribute and market American author Robert Greene's international best-selling books The 48 Laws of Power, Art of Seduction, and 33 Strategies of War in Mainland China for the first time.
March DDDream DISCOVERY film Tsotsi won Oscar's Best Foreign Language Film at the 78th Annual Academy Awards, generating 12 wins and 12 nominations overall.
April LEADERS’ Branding China was chosen by Bo Ao Forum (BFA), the Chinese version of DAVOS, as its only international media partner of the 2006’s event.
January DDDream was appointed to be the exclusive representative of LEADERS magazine, the only DM magazine reaching 35,000 top political and business leaders around the world.
October DDDream launched a regular China section onto LEADERS magazine entitled Branding China. In the launching issue, Director of State Council of Information Office and other Chinese political and business leaders showcased an open, confident, mature, and modest China to LEADERS readers worldwide.